Hosting and name for your website: How to hire a domain and hosting in PakistanHosting and name for your website: How to hire a domain and hosting in Pakistan
What should I look for when hiring a domain and web hosting?
The first thing that can occur to you is to look for cheap hosting with unlimited resources.
I keep doing it myself and the moment I find it I will let you know immediately. Although it may take a long time because there is no such thing.
The "unlimited resources" is one of the most used sales arguments by web hosting providers. However, it is always a half-truth.
How to hire a domain and web hosting
You can say that the domain name is the address of your address on the Internet and the web hosting is the physical place where that address is located.
When hiring a hosting service there are two options to acquire the domain :
1. Hiring a domain with the same provider: In principle, it is the most practical, but it can be more uncomfortable if at any time you consider a change of provider. In any case, it is not usually a problem.
2. Hire a domain with a different company: There are many providers specialized in the sale of domains such as zthosting .zthosting is providing best web hosting in Pakistan. In these providers you can usually get somewhat tighter prices and also their user areas are usually somewhat more complete than those of specialized hosting providers.
1. The advantage of contracting web hosting and domain name separately is that, in case of changing the hosting provider, it is not necessary to move the provider domain, it simply reconfigures quickly to point it to the servers of the new provider.
2. Currently, most of my websites are hosted on zthosting and domain names in zthosting.
Internet domain names
Technically, each website is hosted on a machine that is assigned an IP address accessible from the Internet. This IP address is a number consisting of four groups of up to three digits, for example, 192.168.0.100.
Well, the mission of domain names on the Internet and the domain name system (DNS) is to translate these IP addresses into terms that are easy to manage and memorize by people.
Also, most websites are hosted on shared servers, which means they also share an IP address.
The Domain Name System allows for more URLs than IP addresses, by allowing each domain name to be directed to a specific directory within the server to which the IP address has been assigned.
Types of web domains
There are three types of domains:
1. Generic Top-Level Domain (gTLD). Its terminations are based on the concept of what they will be used. Initially, these domains were: COM, NET, ORG, EDU, GOB and MIL, to which others later joined.
2. Top Level Geographic Domains (ccTLD). These domains define regions, countries or territories. These types of domains are a factor that influences search engine positioning; that is, a .es domain can better position in Spain.
3. Third Level Domains. They are the ones that are created when combining generic (gTLD) with geographical domains (ccTLD).
Which domain is better for my business or company?
The domain name of your website is something that will accompany you for a long time. So it is one of the most important decisions when defining the visibility strategy of your business on the Internet.
When choosing a good domain for your business or company, keep in mind what type of business you have and at what regional level you are going.
My advice is to choose a short domain name (no more than 15 letters) that is related to your business. If possible, let it be your business name. This is a good strategy that will help you protect your brand name on the Internet.
And as for the extension of the domain, try to cover your back buying the maximum you can afford. At a minimum, you should acquire a generic and geographic domain ( .com and .pk, for example).
Web hosting (hosting)
The web hosting (hosting) is a set of services that can be used with any domain. They are hired and renewed separately. For example space on a server to upload your website via FTP, email accounts, or databases.
Once you have hired both the domain and the hosting, you just have to configure the domain to link it to the services offered by the hosting provider. This is done by assigning to the domain the DNS corresponding to the hosting.
In the same hosting service you can install multiple websites with different domains. Such a configuration is known as multidomain hosting.
However, providers do not usually offer multi-domain configurations in their most basic plans. So watch this if you have in mind to create more than one website.
Types of web hosting
There are free hosting or hosting of free and paid websites, but let's see what types we can find within these.
· Shared Hosting. It is a computer (server) whose hard drive is divided into many folders. Each folder has a specific amount of megabytes and each of those folders is dedicated to a single web page. All websites hosted on this server share the CPU, RAM and internet connection. Free hosting is always of this type.
· Accommodation in Virtual Servers or VPS. A Virtual Server or VPS Server is a server that is installed in a "partition" or fragment of a physical server, being able to have within that physical server several virtual servers that function as servers independent of each other. This makes a VPS server much more powerful and flexible than shared hosting but without paying the high price of a dedicated server. Because several (virtual) clients can work on a single machine, a VPS typically has certain limitations in terms of processing time, RAM and disk space.
· Dedicated servers. A dedicated server is a physical machine arranged individually for a specific client. It works as an independent machine to which you will have exclusive access and control of all its resources. This means that you are responsible for installing the operating system, control panels, firewalls, antivirus, databases ... everything. Depending on your level of expertise, they are available in two modalities: managed and unmanaged.
· Cloud servers. A Cloud Server is similar to a dedicated server only that it is running in the cloud. Thanks to its great flexibility you can create your plan and pay only for the resources you need. If the needs of your website cannot be covered by a shared server but you do not have enough resources to acquire a dedicated server, the Cloud can be a reasonable solution.