Don't Forget the Guys: Groomsmen Gift IdeasBridesmaids get showered with fun little gifts to thank them for their participation, so why not the guys? Your groomsmen are your right hand men during all of the festivities, and it's only fair to give them a little something thanking them for their help as well!
The gifts for your groomsmen need to be a little more durable though - and useful to boot. There's nothing frilly here, monogramming is certainly not necessary, and gift wrapping is an afterthought. The best way to thank your best man and groomsmen? Give them something they'll use time and time again; fortunately, there are groomsmen gift ideas that make everyone happy. The only challenge is the purchase. If the issue is budget, there are groomsmen gift ideas that won't break the bank. If the issue is creativity, simply use this list to decide on the best gifts for your groomsmen!
Top Gifts for Groomsmen
Here are the top groomsmen gift ideas and picks for 2010:
1. Cooler chairs: What's better than sitting down to enjoy a nice, cold beverage? Perhaps having that cold beverage within arm's length of your chair! This chair/cooler combo is perfect for tailgating and other sports events as well as fishing, hunting, and outings that your best man and groomsmen might attend.
2. Silver flasks: A man's ideal companion to a night on the town, a flask is one of the best gifts for groomsmen who are hard to buy for. Sterling silver prevents discoloration and rusting, plus it's discreet enough to be tucked away in a jacket or pants pocket for later use. Monogramming is optional; just make sure to pre-fill them with the liquor of choice.
3. Tankards, Mugs, & Beer steins: Whether you want thick metal or hand-fired ceramic, tankards, mugs, and beer steins are great groomsmen gift ideas. Personalized or not, a beer stein can hold up to 22 ounces (or more) of cold, refreshing liquid. And whether or not your best man or groomsmen choose to use them, they make great catch-alls on top of bureaus, desks, and tables.
4. Cufflinks: A classy approach to groomsmen gift ideas, cufflinks can be customized or simply chosen with a fun design already engraved. Silver is the traditional choice, though they are available in flashier options, such as gold, pewter, and bronze. Give the cufflinks before the ceremony and your groomsmen can wear them during the big event.
5. Keg-A-Que: The ultimate in outdoor grilling, the keg-a-que, one of the most popular groomsmen gift ideas available, is just what it sounds like. A mini grill made from a keg! It's small and portable enough to be taken on tailgating events or on camping trips, and is ideal for a quick steak dinner. The opportunities are limitless with the durable, completely metal, and fun Keg-A-Que at your groomsmen's disposal.
6. Cigar tools: From a humidor to cigar cutter or even silver Zippo lighter, the cigar smoker in your life will thank you. In terms of humidors, the options are limitless: choose from classic cherry wood or mahogany, or even a pocket-sized cigar holder/flask combo. Now your groomsmen and best man can enjoy a cigar after the ceremony.
7. Golf accessories: Ideal gifts for groomsmen, golf accessories remain a popular choice. After all, an afternoon on the golf course may be just what your friends love to do to unwind. So, give them something they'll appreciate: mini-golf divot tools, a golf bag with their initials, or even a pewter golf ball marker set. Now, they can hit the links in style.
8. Poker pieces: A great way to celebrate a guys' night out! On Poker Night, there's nothing but good food and good friends. Highlight these memories with unique gifts for your groomsmen, such as top-of-the-line Vegas-style poker chips and professional cards or a fully-equipped poker set in a durable wooden case! The poker aficionado will love being able to host his own Poker Night.
Purchasing Gifts for Groomsmen
Oftentimes, you can find the best deals online or in specialty wedding catalogues. Another option is to hit your local sporting goods store when there's a sale running. Deciding on groomsmen gift ideas may be the farthest thing from your mind, but they're important purchases. Surprise your friends and show them that you appreciate their help with the wedding events - from grill accessories to Poker Night festivities, your best friends will get a kick out of their gifts! Groomsmen now have a reason to celebrate too!
About the Author
Cherie Johnson is the founder and owner of Creative Wedding Favors, the premier site for unique anniversary, baby and bridal shower, graduation, quinceañera, and wedding favors. Her wedding ideas have also benefited readers of many websites, including Women Of, Wedding Lenox, and The Wedding Guide. Before establishing Creative Wedding Favors in 2006, she worked as a professional wedding photographer, capturing all the special moments of the nuptials and ceremony. Search for fun, festive favors by visiting www.CreativeWeddingFavors.com.