10 Ways To Help You Memorize Qur'an This Year1. Make the earnest aim to remember the Qur'an
Allah's Messenger stated: "Positively, Allah does not take a gander at your shapes (appearance) or riches. Be that as it may, He just takes a gander at your souls and deeds."[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
2. Write down your goal that you want to achieve by the end of the year
You don't have to memorize the entire Qur'an this year - choose a reasonable goal that won't discourage you from trying to achieve this goal you have set for yourself.
Keep it somewhere that you will always be reminded - on the fridge, wall, as your wallpaper on your phone, etc.
3. Break down your goal into smaller sections
- How much do you need to memorize each month in order to consistently work towards your year-end goal?
- How much do you need to memorize each week?
After completing every section/clump, reward yourself with something nice or that you love!
4. Schedule your time with the Qur'an
Choose a time every day where you can commit to sitting down and working on your memorization - Fajr time is the best, but if that doesn't work for you, choose a time that will set yourself up for success.
5. Set up a pleasant, calm, and helpful territory in your home to go to ordinarily for your retention
There is a place that always stays and ready for you, makes it easy for you every day - set your chair on a small table next to a table or cushion, so you just sit and start can.
6. Tell someone else your goal and how you are going to achieve it
Having someone keep you accountable will help you in staying consistent with your daily routine to memorize.
7. Get a memorization partner
Do you have a friend or family member who has a similar goal? Ask them to join you this year and you can memorize together or keep each other updated on your progress!
8. Start a Memorizing group in your masjid
Start a group in your masjid - meet once a week to review with each other and set goals for the next week.
9. Set week after week or month to month updates on your timetable to help you to remember what you are needing to accomplish
Set an update on your logbook or telephone that helps you to remember your objective for the year, or for that month - dependably keep it in the fore-front of your brain, so you don't get off track.
10. Get a teacher to help you
Meeting regularly with an online Quran teacher or one from your community can help guide you and keep you on track.