Top Ten Essential Oils
The history and benefits of aromatherapies, utilizing pure essential oils, are well documented in many aromatherapy books, articles, and aromatherapy medical publications, and has proven to be an effective method of treating various emotional and physical illnesses. The practice of utilizing aroma, through pure, therapeutic aromatherapy essential oils, to enhance feelings of well being can provide relief from stress, anger, frustration and depression, and treat simple ailments such as headache, insect bites, skin disorders, sunburn, cough, and cold symptoms. Aromatherapy can also treat arthritis, anorexia, depression, muscle pain, and stiffness, PMS, IBS, sinusitis, kidney, and liver problems as well.
In other words, aromatherapy is an alternative to chemical medical treatments and are less invasive. Try our pure, therapeutic essential oils and experience the health benefits.
The top ten essential oils are those which present the most overall physical and emotional benefit, and are most popular. According to the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy, the top ten essential oils are as follows:
1. Eucalyptus, Eucalyptus globulus or Eucalyptus radiata: Both western and eastern medicine have used eucalyptus for its support of the respiratory system, popular ingredient for cough and throat medicine and chest ointments. Also helps to boost the immune system, and relieve muscle tension.
2. Ylang Ylang, Cananga odorata: Ylang Ylang seduces the senses and relaxes the mind. Its exotic, spicy aroma has been said to help ease high blood pressure. It is an aphrodisiac and sleeping aid; the perfect tonic for the bedroom.
3. Geranium, Rose, Pelargonium graveolens: Properties include balancing, warming and lifting of emotions. Wonderful as a skin hair care ingredient, as it helps clear acne, exfoliates dull skin, and controls oily skin. Helps to balance hormones in women as well. Can be both relaxing and uplifting, as well as an antidepressant.
4. Peppermint, Mentha piperita: One of the most popular essential oils, vitalizes, energizes, stimulates, and restores the senses. Famous for its ability to settle the digestive system and is curative for indigestion and flatulence. Used in both Eastern and Western medicine for a variety of complaints including fevers, headaches, migraines, and arthritis.
5. Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia: Lavender offers a multitude of physical, spiritual, and emotional benefits and uses. A must for relaxing and calming, lavender works as a natural anti-depressant and analgesic. Not only is Lavender Essential Oil energizing or relaxing, but it is also very balancing. The scent will rejuvenate and inspire a tired person and relax, soothe and slow down someone who is stressed or tense. Also useful in treating wounds and burns, and is a great additive to skin care. Lavender has a way of performing the function most needed by the individual using it.
6. Lemon, Citrus limon: Refreshing and rejuvenating. Very uplifting, yet relaxing. Its aroma inspires and brings fresh energy, clears the mind. Citrus oils help to eliminate emotional confusion and increase ones sense of humor and well-being. Thought to be the cure all by ancient Egyptians, today it is known as an effective astringent. Helpful in treating wounds, infections, and house cleaning and deodorizing.
7. Clary Sage, Salvia sclarea: Famous for its ability to calm and relax the mind and the muscles. It is wonderful in helping mature skin look its best, and a great hair care ingredient. Clary Sage is a natural pain killer, and helps in the treatment of muscle aches and pains. It is very balancing, relaxing, and can help with insomnia. Also good for balancing hormones.
8. Tea Tree, Melaleuca alternifolia: Naturally cleansing Tea Tree oil helps to lift the spirit. Known as an antiseptic staple, it was regarded as a way to slow the spread of viruses in hospitals in the early 1900's. It has been extensively researched by scientific methods with the following result: 1) this oil is unusual in that it is active against all three varieties of infectious organisms: bacteria, fungi, and viruses. 2) it is a very powerful immune-stimulant, so when the body is threatened by any of these organisms tea-tree increases its ability to respond.
9. Roman Chamomile, Anthemus nobilis or Blue Chamomile, Matricaria Chamomilla: Very relaxing, soothing, without being a sedative, very gentle oil for many skin conditions, digestive problems and stress. Also good for muscle aches and tension. Useful in treating wounds and infection.
10. Rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis: Organic Rosemary essential oil calms apprehension while stimulating the spirit. This helps with memory and concentration, improving mental clarity and can relieve mental fatigue as well as guard against intense emotions and mood swings. Rosemary also strengthens the nervous system and is a valuable heart and liver tonic, helping to regulate low blood pressure. This oil is very much a yang oil, in that it provides stability and structure during times of emotional volatility. Rosemary is a wonderful remedy for many physical and spiritual ailments, and is a must have in your collection.
We are also offering an exclusive offer to new customers - an additional 5% off your first purchase (use coupon code: aroma5). Our prices are already as low as they get, and the therapeutic grade of our 1st distillation essential oils will not be matched anywhere else at this price. Experience the benefits of pure essential oils for yourself and we guarantee you will be glad that you did.